Thursday, April 26, 2012

6 words or less

Learning
The
Beauty
Of
The
World

My post today is inspired by my dear friend who also wrote this post (and much more elegantly than I can), and because I found her post so inspiring I decided to copy her. Those were the first six words that came to my head when I decided to write this. I feel like it is true enough, and definitely defines where I'm at right now in life. Learning the beauty of life and the world. I think I began to explore the meaning of beauty at the end of college. I would start to see the people around me for what they were to me and how they had influenced me, I began to see how beauty influenced my mood, if people were kind and good I would be happy, if the flowers were in bloom my spirit would lift, if the skies were blue and I got to be out looking at them I would be content. Slowly I was learning that if I too, was light hearted and happy then the beauty of the world and others around me would continued to shine, regardless if the sky was blue or if the flowers were blooming. Japan further altered my perception of beauty and what it means to truly have a beautiful soul. The people there, the lifestyle, the tradition and strong values made me realize the world outside my own bubble, the world that had been somewhat small became an vast canvas for me to paint my ideas and begin to make sense of the colors I had not even seen before. After I returned from my journey I continued to explore; reconnecting and strengthening old relationships and forming new ones. Even taking a walk out of my front door offers a whole new world of beauty and different beauty upon that each time I go. I see new families, I see people being active, people enjoying a coffee, people playing with their dogs, people loving people. I am constantly reminded that we are not alone in this world, and we do not have to feel that way. EVER. I see the strength in masses and what people can do when they all have a voice together. I see the beauty of a helping hand and the love that comes with a community. I take in all of this with such hope that others see what I do and want to continue to make our world BEAUTIFUL. While I do not have all the colors of the world on my canvas yet, I cannot wait to explore more, and take in all that this world has to offer me and paint something that is truly exquisite. Something has to be said for something as beautiful as the smile of a friend, and even more so the smile of a stranger and for that, we all have to strive to be that stranger and to lend a hand as we continue to paint our own canvases.

No comments: